Welcome! You've landed on my online journal of sorts, a place where I'll post both my personal and client work.

I am a freelance photographer recently relocated from Hawaii to the Monterey Bay, CA area. Feel free to contact me: janda03 at gmail dot com.

The photos on this site are copyrighted. Please respect my work and livelihood by not copying any images (this includes screen shots). Thank you!

(photo by Alisa Greig)

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

new site



I've moved over to a new website-blog:

athenasplichta.com

Similar to my old website URL but with my middle initial now; it's temporary as I wait patiently for my old domain to free up, then I'll change over again. It's still quite bare bones but I have a few galleries up, as well as a blog with a couple of posts. I'll continue to add photos as my internet connection allows. If you're interested in following me, the RSS feed for my blog is:

http://athenasplichta.com/journal?rss

While I'll miss my Blogger blog like I miss Hawaii, I thought it was time for a change, and I love the simplified look and fairly easy navigation of the new site, as well as the fact that I have galleries again (I've always wanted to try horizontal scrolling). I'm dedicating a lot of this year to shooting for me, improving my craft, and if I can get a job or two, that's just the cherry on top. It's hard starting out in a new place and I've resigned myself to not stressing about it; with that said, I do think a cleaner presence on the web was necessary for me.

Would LOVE some feedback, so please let me know what you think, by commenting here or there :)

3 comments:

LeeYen said...

I Love it!!! Sorry, I'm kinda slow and couldn't figure out how to comment on the new blog? :)

iFloyd said...

Love the new site! Don't worry, you'll get more than a couple jobs this year, I'll put money on it! Your work has inspired me and I'm sure many others!

Athena said...

thanks, floyd! i hope you're right, and the 2nd half of '11 is better to me :)

copyright Athena Plichta 2007-2011